Tuesday, December 7, 2010

true hearts

happiness is a friend of mine
i see him on the corner of time
lives so close i can almost touch
the magic, the pursuit, of it all

depression is a friend of a friend
brings a familar comfort with his presence
i see and hear and close my eyes
for whenever i need, its his shoulder i cry

trust is an aquantance of mine
sometimes lost, under lies i find
brings truth and honesty always
i love him the most for he is the purest

sorrow and pain come from time to time
shadows to my light, my perspective in life
without them I'd feel so alone
for without them, happiness wouldn't be known

all these friends i welcome with calm
hold them close, inside my heart
for them id fight a thousand wars
without them im nothing, nothing at all.

- rome

No comments:

Post a Comment